Neo and the community shone in April at large-scale blockchain events in Hong Kong and Texas, and in activities across the ecosystem.
Conference highlights: Hong Kong Web3 and Consensus 2023
Neo sponsored exhibits at the Hong Kong Web3 Festival (April 12–15) and Consensus 2023 in Austin, Texas (April 26–28).
Hong Kong Web3 Festival
Neo exhibited as a Platinum sponsor of the inaugural year of the Hong Kong Web3 Festival, co-hosted by Wanxiang Blockchain Lab and HashKey Group and organized by W3ME. This was one of the largest cryptocurrency events in Hong Kong’s history, drawing nearly 10,000 on-site participants.
- Neo exhibit visitors enjoyed a hands-on experience with a gachapon machine that allowed them to interact with the Neo blockchain while playing to win prizes. Thanks to AxLabs, Blockchain Cuties, Everstake, COZ, Flamingo Finance, Forthewin Network, GhostMarket, Meme2Earn, NeoLine, Neo News Today, PolyNetwork, and Quirky Soul College for donating prizes and Metaisland and Perlin Finance for joining the Neo team at the exhibit.
- Neo founder Da Hongfei spoke in a mainstage panel, “From Cloud to Chain: The Evolution of Computing Platforms.” As part of a group of industry leaders, he also visited the Legislative Council of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Hong Kong’s Financial Services, and the Treasury Bureau, and Government Department of Foreign Direct Investment blockchain leaders to discuss Web3 topics.
- Wrapping up the event, Neo co-hosted R3AL WORLD: Infra, an afterparty for guests to mingle with Neo leaders and guest attendees from IoTeX, Conflux, Alchemy Pay, dForce, O3 Swap, Coinhub, BTCex, Particle Network, and more.
- A recording of Neo’s post-festival Twitter Spaces session featuring event highlights is available here.
Consensus 2023 — Austin, Texas
Soon after the Web3 Festival, Neo made a splash as a 3-Block Sponsor at Consensus 2023, known as the world’s largest and most influential annual gathering for the cryptocurrency, blockchain, and Web3 communities. More than 15,000 attendees converged on site in Austin, Texas at this year’s conference.
- Throughout the three-day event, attendees lined up at the Neo exhibit to explore Neo ecosystem projects spanning gaming, DeFi, NFTs, decentralized file storage and more; connect with Neo blockchain experts to learn about the latest advances on Neo N3; and dive into the popular OneBand activation.
- Leaders from ecosystem projects Greenfinch (view an on-site interview by Neo News Today here), Forthewin Network (on-site interview here), Flamingo Finance and Meme2Earn (combined on-site interview here), GhostMarket (on-site interview here), Perlin Finance, and Digi; development communities COZ (on-site interview here), AxLabs (on-site interview here), Neo Research (on-site interview here), and R3E Network; and Neo news community Neo News Today came together with the Neo team (on-site interview here) to showcase projects on the Neo N3 platform and deliver an unforgettable phygital experience. Nearly 800 attendees joined the Neo ecosystem as they received and activated their own OneBand, a Non Fungible Item (NFI) that bridged the digital and physical worlds.
- After the event, OneBand owners were invited to Neo’s happy hour at a local brewery to tap and scan their rings and redeem a pint of beer while they mingled with other Consensus attendees.
- Neo’s writeup, including a full rollup of event highlights, video clips and more, published in May, is available here.
Token, exchange, and wallet news
- Neo deployed Alchemy Pay’s payment gateway, enabling Neo users from around the globe to buy cryptocurrencies using their preferred local fiat currencies.
- DogeRift’s DOGER token was listed on Binance Smart Chain’s Pancake Swap non-custodial exchange.
- NeoLine released version 4.0.0 of the Google Chrome wallet and version 3.0.0 of its mobile wallet, including UI updates and integration of the dAPI standard. Support for TOTHEMOON and Neo Compounder were integrated into the NeoLine wallet before month’s end, with more integrations in progress.
Neo was present in various online events and media pieces this month.
Alongside Neo’s in-person presence at the Hong Kong Web3 Festival and Consensus 2023, Neo hosted online community events including:
- A Twitter Spaces event, Speedy, secure and seamless: Unlocking the power of real-time oracle, introducing R3E Network, a new Neo community platform
- A Twitter Spaces event, Neo at Hong Kong Web3 Festival, highlighting insights from Neo’s presence at the event, as noted above.
- A Twitter Spaces event with R3E Network, Zero-knowledge proof and scalability (recordings are available in two parts here and here).
John Wang, Head of Neo EcoGrowth, joined Alchemy Pay and Core DAO at a Twitter Spaces event, hosted by Huobi HK to discuss the future of Web3.
Neo in the news
- Insights from Da Hongfei were featured in the Blockster Web3 Media Platform article, 9 Takeaways from Consensus 2023: Trends in the evolving blockchain industry.
- Da Hongfei was also featured in a written interview in a Blockworks article, Neo Smart Economy sees a walk to decentralization, not a race.
Alongside the extensive presence of numerous projects through sponsorships and/or attendance with Neo at the Hong Kong Web3 Festival and Consensus 2023, Neo ecosystem projects conducted giveaways, established new cross-project collaborations, released product updates, promoted the ecosystem, and more. Selected highlights of activities this month follow.
- Neo announced that DogeRift has joined the EcoBoost program.
Ecosystem project news
- Joined a Twitter Spaces event hosted by Ghost Market.
- Announced a partnership with PolyNetwork, enabling listing of the DOGER token on Binance Smart Chain’s Pancake Swap non-custodial exchange, as noted above.
- Was listed on GameFi.to, an aggregator for play-to-earn games.
- Had its new EcoBoost program membership featured in detail by NGD, as noted above.
- Released update v1.14, including new features and bug fixes.
- Held a community giveaway to distribute tickets for the upcoming Web3 Berlin Conference upcoming in June, where Flamingo Finance will exhibit as a sponsor.
- Announced its availability through the NeoLine wallet mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Announced the launch of a new user interface with multi-chain support.
- Hosted a Twitter Spaces event featuring Africa N3, as noted above.
- Moved existing proposals through the GrantShares process. New proposals continue to flow through the GrantShares grant request process and appear in the proposal portal.
- Introduced the Solitude collection by Andhika Ramadhian on the Mega Oasis platform and held an associated airdrop.
- Announced its upcoming participation as a sponsor at the Web3 Berlin Conference and held a community giveaway of tickets to the event.
- As noted above, support for Neo Compounder was integrated into the NeoLine wallet.
- Held a writing contest focused on Neo and related ecosystem topics.
Quirky Soul College
- Rolled out a new skin vending machine with Neo Candy.
- Released a teaser image and lore copy in anticipation of the project’s first arcade game in early April, followed by a second teaser later in the month.
- As noted above, support for TOTHEMOON was integrated into the NeoLine wallet.
Neo core and developer communities news
NGD now publishes regular community developer updates in video format. You can find the latest community developer updates on Neo’s Youtube channel. Some selected highlights from April are included below.