This report reviews Neo’s news from Consensus 2022, Polaris Launchpad, and other notable happenings for the month of June.
Neo at Consensus 2022
20,000 attendees poured into Austin, TX in June to attend Consensus 2022, the first in-person Consensus event since 2019. Neo joined as a 3 Block Sponsor. The venue provided an opportunity to reconnect in person with the blockchain community and show off what Neo, the developer communities, and the N3 ecosystem have accomplished in the past year.
More than 500 participants competed at the Neo booth for a $26,000 prize pool sponsored by 24 Neo ecosystem projects. Players generated 2,000 on-chain interactions as they took part in an interactive treasure chest game powered by COZ’s PROPS. The game merged the physical with the digital, with each player using an NFT on Neo N3 to unlock the treasure chests and receive prizes, complete with flashing lights for each win.
Some highlights from the Neo and Neo community partner teams at the event included:
- Chest Game demo with Tyler Adams, COZ CEO (video)
- Interview with Lili Zhao, NGD Global Development Director (video)
- Interview with John deVadoss, NGD Enterprise Founder (video)
- Interview with Guil. Sperb Machado, AxLabs Senior Software Engineer (video)
- Fireside chat with John deVadoss (Head of NGD Enterprise) and Erhan Korhaliller (Founder and CEO of EAK Digital), “Web3 and N3: The New Design Patterns” (transcript)
A full event recap is available here.
Neo Polaris Launchpad news
Polaris Plus, the final phase of the Polaris Launchpad hackathon event, kicked off in June. Neo later extended the end date into July to facilitate a fair voting environment. In this US $101,300+ bonus funding round, community members used their own GAS to vote for hackathon projects to receive additional funding, which Neo would match through quadratic means.
Polaris Plus entrant interviews were featured in a three-part series, 6 things you didn’t know about the Polaris Plus teams:
- Part 1: NeoDAO, Bower Bird, DAO Cake, Neo-artistic.com, SOMIUMWAVE
- Part 2: Findtruman, Dogerift, Gitter.network, Feedio, Neo-Effisend
- Part 3: Greenfinch, Latchbox, Pumpkin Swap, Student Data System
Neo N3 platform news
- Neo deployed Neo-CLI v3.3.0 to the T5 TestNet and MainNet to address stability issues detected during testing of v3.3.0.
- Neo updated the Neo Blockchain Toolkit to bring it up to date with the Neo blockchain v3.3.1.
Exchange and wallet news
- Binance Staking launched a locked staking feature for NEO and offered incentives for users during an initial promotional period.
- Binance opened withdrawals of the NEP-17 FLM token.
- The OneGate mobile wallet application added support for Flamingo Finance and Forthewin Network.
GrantShares, a decentralized DAO, launched on the MainNet. GrantShares is open for applications for grants for all kinds of Neo ecosystem development:
- Launch announcement
- Neo Live AMA: Interview with AxLabs focused on GrantShares
- Dashboard to view GrantShares proposals
Expanded EcoBoost program funding
- Neo announced that it has increased funding for the EcoBoost program to $200 million for grants and other business incubation to support high-potential projects built on Neo N3. EcoBoost has accepted several new projects through Polaris Launchpad and other channels in 2022 and continues to take applications.
- Binance hosted an AMA with John Wang, Neo head of Eco Growth.
- Binance Turkiye hosted an AMA with Neo.
- AxLabs participated in a Neo Live AMA focused on GrantShares, as noted above.
- Three Polaris Launchpad Excellence Award winners (CAAS for Neo3, Neo Effisend, and SOMNIUMWAVE) also participated in Neo Live AMA sessions.
Neo in the news
- John deVadoss joined the Global Blockchain Business Council’s Board of Directors.
- John deVadoss also was interviewed for a Windshield Time podcast.
- Forthewin Network launched an initial DEX offering of its NEP governance and utility token on the Neo blockchain; completed the IDO for its NEP token and launched its Swap module on the Neo N3 MainNet; and collaborated with TOTHEMOON to create new Fused Cryptonaut tokens for use in Arena battles.
- Flamingo Finance
- Announced that it has absorbed the Lyrebird Finance team as part of an IP and talent acquisition. Going forward, Lyrebird’s reverse USDL stablecoin pool will only allow users to swap in (not out). While LRB will continue to be tradable, an LRB Fund has been structured similar to Flamingo’s FLUND. Flamingo will also develop an FUSD stablecoin modeled after MakerDAO’s DAI over-collateralization method.
- Released the beta version of its Advanced Trade section, which lets users search for trading pairs, view trading pair histories, and execute trades.
- Listed the SOMNIUMWAVE NEP-17 SOM token in a reverse liquidity pool, paired against FLM.
- Integrated claim and trade history features on its platform so users can see previous actions taken on their wallets.
- GhostMarket integrated support for royalties at the contract level and held an art contest in which entrants competed for prizes by minting their NFTs on the Neo blockchain via GhostMarket.
- Hacash.Diamonds distributed 25 GAS each to the founding members of the 1H1BDAO.
- NeoLine announced NeoLine Chrome extension support for the Ledger hardware wallet and provided a guide for its use.
- NudesToken updated its meme-to-earn website.
- Rentfuse launched its NFT renting protocol on the Neo N3 MainNet.
- TOTHEMOON collaborated with Forthewin Network to create Fused Cryptonaut tokens (as noted above) and also reduced the total supply of TOTHEMOON Item NFTs and released an overview of its resource tokens.
Developer communities news
Highlights from developer community activities included:
- AxLabs, in collaboration with Neo News Today, Red4Sec, COZ, and other sponsored Neo developer communities, launched the GrantShares DAO, described in detail above.
- Released Neon Wallet mobile v1.0.31, which added NFT features and provided minor bug fixes.
- Released Dora blockchain explorer v0.1.3
- Released boa v0.11.3
- Neo SPCC released NeoGo v0.99.0, a major upgrade offering compatibility with Neo-CLI v3.3.0.
To learn more about the developer community activities this month, please see the June technical development report.